Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dinner is Served!

Well, dinner tonight was also inspired by my friend, Molli. Yesterday during her snow day, she posted in her blog about potato soup she made for lunch! She posted the recipe, so I decided to try it for dinner tonight! It is super easy! I'll post the recipe after the pictures!
This is Justin cutting up the onions. He loved his job!

He's doing such a great job chopping these!

During the cooking process!

I love cooking with him! :)

Our cute boy, Tyson, being so good while we cook!

He's getting a little hyper! :) Or riding a roller coaster that we don't know about! haha
We were telling him to "speak", so this is him in action. 
The finished product! :) Yummmyy!
Thanks Molli!

Sooo, I will tell you the recipe now!
Potato soup:
6 cups of peeled and cubed potatoes
1 cup of chopped onion
2 cups of chopped celery
1 cup chopped carrots
3 chicken bouillon cubes
small block of velveeta cheese
Add all ingredients but cheese to kettle with enough water to cover veggies. Add salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste. Cook on med. heat until veggies are tender. Lower heat and add the block of velveeta cheese (cutting it into cubes and stirring it in the mix). Stir until well mixed and cheese has melted. For topping add bacon pieces, green onion, crackers, or sour cream. Enjoy!!


&&& -- About the being nice thing. I've been trying really hard. This morning on my way to Huntington, I prayed a lot about how to better meet the needs of Justin. I need to do a better job of keeping the house clean and keeping up with the laundry. Today when the house was clean when he got home, he told me it made him feel a lot better when he gets home and the house is really clean! This is a new goal for me! I'm going to write out a chart of different things i have to  do each day to make sure the house stays as spotless as possible!


Last thing for the night... I was also listening to K-Love this morning on my way to campus. They have been talking all month about picking "a word" for the year. I am in the process of praying about "my word". This word is something that I am going to strive for all of 2011. That is why I am praying so hard about this. It needs to be something that pushes me and also helps me grow closer to God. Some words that I heard on K-Love today were: Discipline, Follow, Depth. These are just a few examples, so when I figure out my word. (which will be by February 1st.) I will post it! :)
Have a great night everyone!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious! Makes me wish I were there for a sample. But of course, I just wish I were there. (Missing you both!) Looks like you had fun fixing dinner together. Keep doing things together and enjoy each other's company.
    Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is delicious, huh? Not as good as Panera, but I don't think any potato soup could be...I listen to K-Love alot too because I'm on the road so much, and I decided my word was 'worry'...I know it's not an 'uplifting word', but when I think about it, it makes me remember NOT to worry. I have alot of anxiety about grades, finances, and lots of other things, and it takes up time I could rather be praying that God give me peace! Just wanted to share with you - thought if you knew someone else was doing the same thing we could motivate each other :)
    So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today. Matthew 6:35

    ReplyDelete