Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Festivities

So, I didn't get any posts up over the weekend, due to the fact the we didn't stop going the whole time we were there! Friday night we got to Justin's parents house about 8:30, and went to bed about 11:00. Saturday morning we got up and went to Tyler, Justin's brother's, basketball game. His team lost, but he had his best game of the season! He scored 15 points! He's really good.
After the game, we went to the toughman! Now, this is a first for me. I normally will watch the UFC fights with justin and enjoy them. I don't think I would enjoy them nearly as much if I didn't force myself to pick someone to win each match at the very beginning. I gives me something to do and someone to root for instead of just sitting and watching. Anyway, back to the toughman. I really enjoyed spending some time with Justin, his friend, Lyle, and Justin's sister, brother-in-law, and his friend, Tommy. The part I didn't like about the whole thing was the ring girls. Goodness gracious! Where are their mothers? haha Oh well, we won't get into that! :)
Sunday, we woke up and lounged around the house most of the day with Aubrey and Powers. My pictures won't upload right now, so I'll try to repost in a few hours and show you some pictures of our fun weekend! :)

Also- My word is discipline. Justin and I decided to have the same word and to try and encourage each other with that word. I am really wanting to lose weight and get better in shape. Justin wants to bulk up and lose a little weight too, so this will work out with the word discipline. We need to be disciplined to work out and to eat healther. We both are also wanting to be more disciplined in our walks with God. We need to constantly be reminded to strive to grow closer to God, which involves making a concsious decision daily to read God's word, pray, and strive to be more like him. This word encompasses all of that!
2 Timothy 1:7For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

I've been doing pretty okay with the Marriage challenge, I think! I've been really trying lately to be a better wife and to show Justin. I've kept the house way cleaner, which he mentioned makes him feel a lot better when he gets home from work, I've kept up with the laundry, and I've been trying to just do little things here and there to show him I love him. Last week after I got out of class, I drove into town and took Justin a milkshake! He really liked it and it was a simple way to show him I care and was thinking about him! :)

This week starts a new part of the marriage challenge.
This week's challenge is: be a little more creative with your praise. Surprise your husband with these 10 fun ways to praise your husband:
1. A love message on the mirror


2. A love message packed in his lunch


3. Use sidewalk chalk and write a love message on the driveway


4. Write a list of ten things you admire about him and then read them out loud to him.


5. Make a toast to him at dinner with friends. Or raise your glass at dinner and list the things you admire about your husband for your children to hear!


6. Buy or make your husband a trophy and engrave it with the words "The Best Husband in the World." (I found a cheap trophy at a party supplies store - the kids loved presenting it to daddy)


7. Write a poem - even if you can't write - it can be goofy. Include in it references to your favorite movies, restaurants, places to go and memories. He will enjoy the trip down memory lane and the laugh!


8- Blow up balloons and put a loving message in each one. Fill your bedroom with balloons as a surprise.


9- Take a roll of receipt tape and write a long message with the things you admire and respect about your husband - then roll it up and put it in a bottle for your husband to open and read. (I made many of these for my husband in college when we were dating long distance. I mailed them in packages.)


10. Get creative with your selflessness!


"When you touch your husband's deepest need something good almost always happens!"~ Dr. Emerson Eggerich


So I challenge you today to not just show your husband you love him but show him that you LIKE him!

I'll post more about how this works out later! :) Have a wonderful day guys & God bless!

1 comment:

  1. I like your "word". We all need to work on that! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete