Monday, January 24, 2011

Starting a little late. :)

Today I am going to try something new. I was encouraged by my cousin, Chad, who took a 365 day challenge to take at least 1 picture every day throughout this year. I am not going that extreme, becasue Chad has a deep passion for photography, but I am going to blog at least 3 times a week. I will try to do more, but it's hard to say what my life will throw at me with school, babysitting, and being married! :)

First off, I am taking a challenge that I saw on a blog I read occasionally. This challenge is called "The 25 Day Praise Plan. - Marriage Challenge". Here is what it is:
There are 25 days until Valentine's Day so it's time to implement the 25 Day Praise Plan.

Each week the challenge will be the same - to praise, encourage, inspire, admire, build up, thank and appreciate your husband. But each week I will give you different ways to express your praise. Feel free to tweak it for what you think is best for your husband.

JR Miller writes "So it is in the dark hours of a man's life, when burdens press, when sorrows weigh like mountains upon his soul, when adversities have left him crushed and broken, or when he is in the midst of fierce struggles which try the strength of every fibre of his manhood, that all the radiance and glory of a true wife's strengthful love shine out before his eyes. Only then does he recognize in her God's angel of mercy."

Let's be angels of mercy to our husbands. We may think they are filled with confidence and strength but they are only human. They have insecurities, fears, failures, burdens and cares that we do not always slow down to recognize. We lose our tenderness in the hustle and bustle of life and this month let's slow down and really see our husband's with fresh eyes.

It's tempting to make Valentine's Day all about ourselves - but let's pursue being selfless and living according to Philippians 2:3-4 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others."(NIV)

Week 1 starts TODAY! Look for ways to praise your husband verbally. Praise him in front of the kids, friends, family, co-workers, on facebook, tweet it - get praise out anyway you can! Try to mention something noteworthy he has done - in his role as provider, father, husband, lover, or friend. If the thought of trying to come up with one terrifies you, then pray right now that God will give you new eyes to see your husband as God does. Then open your mouth and say something kind and uplifting to your husband today and tomorrow and the next day until Valentine's Day arrives!


I am going to take this challenge to help encourage Justin. I know that there are days where both of us just feel like complaining, so I'm taking this month especially to try and avoid those times by saying something encouraging. I'll let you know how this goes!

So, starting February 2nd, My friend Alicia Zornes and I are starting a ladies bible study from the book of Galations. We are having the weekly meetings at our friend Sarah Hastings home in Catlettesburg, KY. We will be meeting every Wednesday from 6:30-7:30 or 8:00. I am very excited to see God work in the lives of all the girls who join us. I am also super excited to see what God teaches me through leading this small group. If you guys could pray for me through this, I would appreciate it so much! There is more info at .

I think that might be it for today. If I think of anything else later, I'll post! I'm determined to follow through with blogging this time!

-Kristyn

No comments:

Post a Comment